MAJOR UPDATE! Caste V3 is now live in beta. and will, barring major issues, be soon replacing the v2 resources. All older resources will be posted to the skunkworks in an archive. V3 can be found in the caste PDF's tab. Below is a brief list the Major of changes.
- Talents are no longer purchased and created individually. They are now points to be invested into either capacities, talent trees, or castes of action (and special actions, spells, or natural talent trees with modules). This new system makes for much faster character generation, more dynamic turn to turn actions at the cost of very little character customization. We believe the trade is very worth it.
- Balacing changes to some of the meta effects such as Maximize effect, Crit Gamble, and Easy.
- More power of essence tools such as Essence bomb, and Combonium.
- New supernatural talent effects. Supernatural talents are now just called spells. New Spell styles (superantural talent effects) such as Soothsay.
- Consumable spell items now reduce material costs and armor to the challenge by 100 (rather than 10). This was done because the additional costs and tediousness for crafting unlimited use spells was too burdensome and not relevant for single use tools. NOTE: Next update will probably see additional discounts for multi use consumables.
- Failing to craft magical equipment now causes the crafting to fail commpletely (forcing a restart) This can be avoided by letting the GM apply a curse to the equipment. HOW FUN.
- Other areas of the book have been updated to reflect the new rules. Costs in the equipment section have been specifically affected.